Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fashion Review: The Blonde Asian

6 March 2012

Status: Pretending to Work
Time: 3PM

To those who have been wondering, no, this blog is not dead. Neither have I been abducted by aliens. It's been crazy lately, and I've had personal matters to attend to, hence the lack of updates. But rest assured, I will update as much as I can on a regular basis. To my readers (if I have any), I offer my sincerest apologies.

Now, let's begin.

Ahh.. That beautiful golden blonde hair. Reminds me of fairy tale princesses like Rapunzel and Sleeping Beauty. I think blonde hair is at its best when it's nice and curly. From the time I was old enough to walk, talk and read, I've always imagined blonde hair on Caucasians.

Never Asians.


Picture credits: unautreangle.blogspot.com
If I ever made the awful mistake of dyeing my hair in this colour, I will move up to Mount Everest and live as a hermit till my hair colour fades.

Now I'm not saying it looks ugly on ALL Asians. There are always exceptions to this. But the Asians I've met who've actually dyed their hair blonde.... Well, let's just say they should really consider suing their hairstylist. 

Because blonde hair only ever looks good on Caucasians. No matter how fair an Asian is, it's rare to find anyone who has the skin tone of a White.

No, I am not hating on my own race. I'm merely stating my honest opinion.

When it comes to dyeing your hair, you want the hair colour to bring out not only your complexion, but your features as well. Any form of colour, and this includes clothes and make up, should always compliment you. Not overshadow you.

I find that Asians who dye their hair blonde, or light brown, look terribly washed out. Most of them, anyway.   Because it's too much of a contrast.

Picture credits: gummiskye.hubpages.com
Yes, she is pretty. But her features look hidden. The hair colour drowns it all out. 

Again, I'm not saying that blonde hair looks ugly on ALL Asians. Because there are a few exceptions to this statement. I just haven't seen them yet. 

To any Asian who is reading this post, if you really want to go blonde, go right ahead. It's completely up to you. My advice is, however, pick the colour that best suits your skin tone. Because when it comes to fashion and beauty, sometimes it isn't necessarily about what you like, it's about what you can carry off, and what makes you look good. 

Sometimes, even the most hated dress in your closet can be the one outfit that you look best in. It happens. 

Till next time. Au revoir, beautiful ones. xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment