Sunday, February 10, 2013

Outfit of the day: It's angpau collecting season!

It's Chinese New Year, people! Sorry for the lack of updates, it's been a busy week. What with preparations for CNY and all.

Every Chinese New Year, I'd search tirelessly for the perfect cheongsam to wear. Being an extremely picky person, I had a difficult time deciding on what kind of cheongsam I wanted. Because I wanted one that would not only be appropriate for Chinese New Year, but versatile enough for me to wear it for a good selection of other events.

Thankfully, after scouring all over the net and every shopping mall I went to, I found my perfect cheongsam from Love, Bonito. It was so pretty, I couldn't resist.


Great for Chinese New Year, a night out with friends, a formal dinner, or a hot date.
I've paired this with a pair of sleek, black pumps, just to bring out the elegance of the entire outfit.
And may I say, the quality is amazing. 
Sorry for the lack of pictures, I really had no time to snap more. 

I have a slight obsession with cheongsams. It's not only because it's a part of my Chinese heritage, but there's a certain charm about them. A kind of elegance and beauty that shows off your womanly curves to their best advantage. In ancient times, only women of nobility from wealthy families would wear the cheongsam qipao.

On a completely unrelated note, like my new hair?  



So, Happy Chinese New Year guys. May the year of the snake be a prosperous and wonderful new year for all of you. 

Gong Xi Fa Cai, and let the angpau collecting, CNY cookie stuffing and the excessive gambling begin!


HUAT AAAAAAH!


Wardrobe:
Cheongsam - Love, Bonito
Peep Toe Pumps - Viss (similar here)

No comments:

Post a Comment