Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Fashion Review: Oxfords

11 January 2012

Status: Ignoring sudden cravings for char siew rice. Still on detox.
Time: 3.00PM


Once upon a time, I had a huge obsession towards androgeny. I would've chopped off my hair into a pixie cut, but my hairstylist said I'd look like an overgrown primary school boy. So I contented myself with dressing in oversized blazers, lots of pants, fedoras and neat shirts.

The piece de resistance of androgeny, to me, were a good pair of oxford shoes.


Image courtesy of: emmagem.com


To me, oxfords were the epitome of cool. I mean, there's just this aura that oxfords emit. But no matter how cool they were to me at that time, there was just one thing that prevented me from purchasing a pair - lack of versatility. I couldn't picture myself wearing a pair with anything but my androgeny gear (my fashion sense has different wavelengths according to mood). Being young and naive, I figured it wasn't worth the money.

Boy was I wrong.

Oxford shoes are the cutest kind of footwear that you can have, and it not only goes with anything, it makes your entire outfit cuter - instantly. 


Image courtesy of: urbanogcom.blogspot.com

Ooh lala.

There is, however, one issue that I've noticed with these particular pair of shoes - you'd have to be extra careful when purchasing a pair. 'Cos they tend to look like clown shoes, and they make your feet look big. Especially flat oxfords. So, if you're planning to get a pair, and you're a bit paranoid, I suggest purchasing the ones with high heels - more safe. 


Image courtesy of: stylebistro.com

The verdict:

Hot. Oxfords are one of THE best shoes to give your outfit a vintage twist, with a hint of androgeny. But be careful with your choices. I doubt anyone would want to look like an out-of-place clown.


Image courtesy of: celebritycostumes.blogspot.com

I just had to add this one last photo. Tres chic. 

Till next time. Au revoir, lovelies. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment