Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Fashion Review: The Peter Pan Collar

4 January 2012

Status: Salivating over Asos Dresses
Time: 5AM

Ahh.. The Peter Pan Collar! While I'm not too sure of why they named it that way... I mean, it doesn't even remind me of Peter Pan! As a matter of fact, I'm strongly reminded of Victorian schoolgirls whenever I see it.

However, there IS one thing I'm sure of - the Peter Pan Collar has been taking the Fashion World by storm.

And frankly, I'm not surprised. With vintage becoming increasingly popular, it's natural that this little darling is back on our clothes.


Image courtesy of: whitebison.wordpress.com

In my honest opinion, I'm very fussy when it comes to Peter Pan Collars. I have a weird conviction about collars - too high = too old. This is no different. In fact, Peter Pan Collars that are too high remind me of sweet little old grandmothers. You know, the ones in old children's books. 

Don't get me wrong, I think these collars are one of the best things to make a come back into the Fashion Scene. I mean, they make the entire outfit look absolutely darling! But I have my misgivings about the style, if the collar is too high. It looks too stuffy to me. 


Image courtesy of: notevenfamous.blogspot.com

I'm sorry, I can't lie. Emma Watson, she's gorgeous and I worship her, but the thing at her neck makes her look like a Victorian school teacher. And I don't mean that in a good way. It puts so many years on her. She looks like she's 30 in that dress. Will someone PLEASE REMOVE THE COLLAR??

Peter Pan Collar Trend for Fall 2011 Trend 2011   Peter Pan Collar for Fall

Image courtesy of: mlejit.com

This, on the other hand, I love. Oh God. Beautiful, simply beautiful.

The verdict?

Hot. But with conditions. Let the collar not be high, please. Peter Pan Collars are wonderfully feminine and sweet. I love the sense of old school fashion it brings, but for the love of Anna Wintour, them high collared Peter Pans have got to go. 


Till then. Au revoir, loved ones. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment